our little paradise

our little paradise
If I could be there today....

CAMBODIA

CAMBODIA
Life on the Mekong

Thursday, February 4, 2010


Wouah, If you had told me that I would create a blog to record my traveling adventures at this time in my life I would not have believed it. But than again, Sherrye called this afternoon and told me how easy it would be, so here I am, trying not to do typos and exposing my thougths and anticipations about our Vietnam trip, the boat on the Mekong River, the floating markets I envision, the insane traffic with mopeds loaded with 20 chicken cages and baskets etc...the busy people of Saigon (Ho Chi Min City, but apparently no one uses the long name) the street vendors, the temples, the smells, the FOOD!!! Anthony Bourdain swears that vietnamese food is his favorite, I know I will not be as adventurous as he is with calf eyes and frogs tongues, and pork knuckels ( sorry for spelling....) but still, it sounds enchanting, very exotic , tempting, in one word it is my dream trip.
I have never been to Asia, I don't know what to expect, is my anticipation to high? am I beeing realistic? But than again, I never before have traveled in such lovely, pampered conditons.
I just turned 60 in June, and I have never been on a cruise by pure fear of crowds of old people on boats lining up to eat at gargantuesque buffet in a frenzie.
This is my stereotype of what some cruises are, so when we decided to go on this trip, we looked carefully at options, and I gave my green light for this particular one for a couple of reasons that seemed good at that time. They customized the trip for us, somebody will come pick us up at the airport, drive us to the hotel, next day pick up and drive us to the boat etc....
They made arrangments for us to take a vietnames cooking class ( I can't wait)
Since I am brand new at this I don't know if I am doing it right but I will try to write about the trip every day or whenever possible to share my traveling impressions, and my loved ones will be able to read and comment on it if they wish......

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    You are the perfect person to take this trip. As you always do, you will get tons more out of it than any of us, and you are so good to share what you see and hear and learn! Thank you and may the gods and goddesses bless every step of the way.
    Love you,
    Sherrye

    ReplyDelete
  2. merci for your unconditionnal support Sherrye
    there is so much goodness in you

    ReplyDelete